Sunday, September 22, 2013

Two Years

September marks a wonderful time in the start of the relationship between Nick and I.  We met at the wedding of our friends on September 9, 2011.  We went on our first date and shared our first kiss on September 15.  This month really makes me reminisce about how cute we were together in the beginning and in all the time to this point.  I love remembering all the firsts and how all this greatness began.

Two years ago today, Nick asked me to be his girlfriend, which began this amazing ride of our lives together.  It wasn't some grand gesture, but just perfect for the two of us.  This day also marks 160 days until our wedding.  I am so excited and can't wait to marry my best friend and soul mate!



Last weekend, I found my wedding dress.  It's all starting to be so real!  My mom, sister, Nick's sister, and I headed to Santee, SC (a very small town between Columbia and Charleston).  There is a bridal boutique there that gets many donated wedding gowns (some even from the big designers and right off the runway).  Half of all profits they make by selling these dresses go toward breast cancer research.  I didn't get my hopes too high because every dress is pretty much one-of-a-kind.  So I tried on many dresses before I found a beautiful ivory dress that was very flattering and fit like a glove.  I tried on a few more after that one because I still wasn't exactly sure, but I kept comparing it back to the other one.  I put it back on and decided that it was perfect for me!  I also found a veil, and my mom even found a dress to wear for our wedding.  It's great to know that some of the profits from these purchases are also going to help others in need!



Now, I'm going to spend time with my wonderful man and enjoy celebrating two amazing years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment