Friday, November 1, 2013

Autumn's in the Air

Been a busy time around here.  Nick lost his job back at the end of May and has been on the job hunt all summer and into the fall.  Just when he felt like nothing was ever going to happen, he finally landed a job in his field.  Downside...it's up in Greenville, an hour and a half drive from our home.  This isn't the end of the world, but has made things a bit crazier and slightly more stressful.  I am just happy he was given this opportunity, but I know it will be hard to have him so far away when I've been spoiled with him home all summer long.  He had thought about commuting up there each day for work, but his car is older and probably wouldn't hold up to all the wear and tear driving that much would do to it.  He then thought trying to find a hotel to stay in during the week would be the way to go, but couldn't find a place with a reasonable enough price.  After talking it over, we decided that getting him an apartment up there would be the most cost-effective and practical thing to do.  This new job of his is currently only a 6-month contract, so this set-up will work for the time being.  After the 6-month period, we should know if they want to keep him on permanently.  And if they do, we'll then have to make the tough decision on what to do with the house and if moving is a good option.  Like I said...very busy time around here.

Along with all the of the new job excitement and stress, the wedding planning is still moving right along.  We have secured a DJ, caterer, photographer, and decorator.  Bridesmaids dresses have been chosen and the rehearsal dinner space is booked.  Only a few things left to pick out and decide on.  Now, I'm just ready to say "I Do" and become Mrs. Nicholas Kean in just 4 months from today!

Fall is here!  Yesterday was Halloween, and of course Nick and I carved our yearly pumpkins.  I carved the engagement ring and the pumpkin witch is Nick's.

I love that it is starting to be cooler outside and the leaves are changing colors.  Nature is so beautiful this time of year!  I'm the weirdo who's looking forward to the end of daylight savings because it'll be lighter in the mornings on my way into work.  Saturdays have been spent watching football and, of course, cheering on my Gamecocks!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment