Friday, February 4, 2011

Making Progress

Since I've started counting and keeping track of my calorie intake for almost 3 weeks now, I've lost 3 pounds!  It's not a whole lot, but I'm not looking to cut weight extremely fast or anything.  I want this to be a gradual thing and somewhat of a lifestyle change instead!

Last weekend, I didn't do so well at sticking to my plan :(  I went out to dinner with some friends on Friday night to a Mexican restaurant and I just can't resist the chips and queso dip.  I ate WAY too many chips and could definitely feel it as I made my way home.  I know next time to take it a little easy on those!  On Saturday night, I went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse (one of my absolute favorites)!  I stuck to the smaller portion of steak and had a baked potato and salad.  Not the best of choices, but I just wanted to indulge a little!  It was delicious and I enjoyed every second of it!

Most of my meals throughout the week have been pretty good choices, with at least one meal being a salad!  And I make sure they are very colorful!

On Wednesday of this week, my brother came to school with me to job shadow!  We had a pretty light day with two classes missing our group time because of school pictures, but I think he enjoyed seeing what his big sis does every day!  After work, we came back to my house for a little while and Rosey enjoyed getting to cuddle some with Colin!

Tomorrow are a couple Teacher Job Fairs, which I'm hoping go well and offer some opportunities for me in the upcoming school year!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment