Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Weekend

Well my weekend was a pretty busy, but definitely fun one!  I started it off with a night out on a second date!  He came to pick me up, then we went to Outback for dinner.  After dinner, he took me to his friends' house to meet them and their daughter.  They were very nice, and we had fun playing some games on their PS3!

Yesterday morning I woke up early to go to Jazzercise class, which I am very proud of myself for getting up out of bed on my usual day to sleep in!  After lunch and getting myself ready I headed to Dad's house, so we could head up to Charlotte to see my stepmom and about 300 other ladies perform a Jazzercise routine at halftime of the Charlotte Bobcats game.  We drove up and met up with some friends and family for dinner before the game. Then, we had to walk down to the arena...it was FREEZING especially with the wind!  I'm not a big basketball fan, so the game was rather boring, but I had a so much fun spending time with my dad!  He is so awesome, and we seem to always have a good time when we're together!  I was also great to spend some time with LuAnne's side of the family since they came to watch as well!

At halftime, the ladies took their positions (they filled up the entire floor) and gave a wonderful performance!  Some of the ladies I take class with said I should join in the next time they do another performance like this.  Not sure if that will actually happen...but we'll see!
Here's a picture of the side of the floor LuAnne and her group were on:



After not getting home from Charlotte until about 2am, I was happy with myself for getting up and going to church this morning!  We heard a great sermon about why Jesus was baptized, and I feel that my being baptized is what has made me always feel a relationship with God.  It hasn't always been the closest or best relationship, but a relationship none the less.  I know He has always been in my life, and I look forward to continuing to build on the relationship!

Today is one of my best friend's brithday!  Lacy turns 25 today!  I would have loved to have spent some time with her to celebrate her special day, but due to the fact that she now lives and teaches in Aiken, we didn't have a chance to get together to celebrate :(  Hopefully, we can get together soon!

The rest of my day today has involved me being very lazy!  I took a long nap and have been laying in bed for most of the afternoon!  Usually I would love to be out and about, but after a long week of work and feeling like I've been very busy, I'm really enjoying my lazy Sunday!

Looks like snow tomorrow!  Still waiting to see if school will be cancelled (I'm hoping for just a delay so no make-up day will occur), but I know Rosey and I will enjoy the snow either way!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment